Qualification Code: QUE862
Qualification Title: Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plant Operations (Construction) – Work Platforms
CPCS Card: (If applicable) MEWPs – Scissor / Boom A25 / A26
Cost: £600 + travelling expenses outside a 60 mile radius of our office
Awarding Body: Cskills Awards
Expected Completion Time: as quickly as needed.
Construction Skills Grants: £400 (available for companies in scope and registered with CSkills)
Level 2 NVQ Diploma – Work Platforms
Qualification Code: QUE862
To achieve the qualification candidates must gather naturally occurring work based evidence which would include some or all of the following:
- Daily/weekly plant checks signed by the operator and manager or fitter
- Method Statements/Risk Assessments specific to the operator
- Copies of CPCS card and any relevant training certificates
Any other documentation which is agreed as being valid by the assessor and candidate
Once the candidate has gathered the above evidence and when they feel ready to be assessed, one of our assessors will visit them at work on-site and observe them carrying out their normal work activities.
As part of the assessment process you will be required to take part in a Q&A session with your assessor.
Once our assessor is satisfied that the candidate has provided sufficient evidence they will be passed for verification and certification.
Who needs this assessment?
This NVQ is required by individuals who already hold a red CPCS card and wish to convert to a Blue CPCS Competent Operator Card.
Included In The Cost
- Registration with the Awarding Body
- Administration of the whole process by our admin team
- Access to a qualified NVQ assessor
- Full induction on to the qualification (within a 60 mile radius of our office)
- Ongoing advice and assistance from the Assessor
- One Assessment Visit per Qualification (within a 60 mile radius of our office)
- Assessment of submitted evidence by the Assessor
- Portfolio Building
- Internal verification of the assessment leading to certification
- Safe storage of Assessment documentation and copies of certification for the minimum required period
On completion of the qualification certificates of achievement will be issued from the awarding body; Cskills Awards.
Candidates will need an in date Operatives Health & Safety Test.
This will qualify candidates for the Blue Competent Operator Card.
The Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Plant Operations – Work Platforms qualification has been developed for delivery in a working environment; this means you need to be employed to study this qualification. It has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence so that you can work in Work Platforms within the construction industry or progress onto further learning.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in one of the following optional units:
- Preparing and operating scissor type mobile elevating work platforms MEWP in the workplace
- Preparing and operating boom type mobile elevating work platforms MEWP in the workplace
- Preparing and operating mast climber type mobile elevating work platforms MEWP in the workplace.